If your air conditioner fails to turn on, this is a significant issue. You expect your air conditioner to work efficiently every time you turn it on, but sometimes this does not happen and there can be several faults that can make your air conditioner refuse to turn on.
Air conditioner owners may feel that their systems will resume working if they let them rest for a few hours instead of asking a professional for help. However, if the owners know some basic reasons as to why their systems are down, they can troubleshoot this problem themselves.
Common factors that cause your air conditioner to malfunction.
- Thermostat malfunctioning: Thermostat malfunctioning can impact the efficiency of your air conditioner. First, check the display. If the thermostat display is off, it can not signal the AC to turn on. Second, look for the batteries and loose screws in the thermostat.
- Low on refrigerant: A refrigerant is a cooling fluid residing in your AC’s coil. One of the reasons your air conditioner is not turning on could be due to a refrigerant shortage. Such a situation requires an expert to handle them and leads to an AC repair in Ridgefield.
- Clogged air filter: Dirt and debris can make filters clogged. It is a common problem but can cause severe damage to your air conditioner. Therefore, clogging of your air filters could be a reason for your AC not turning on.
- Broke AC capacitor: If your air conditioner is starting or stopping abruptly or not turning on or making clicking noises, then there are chances that your air conditioner’s capacitor has died.
- Dormancy issue: If the air conditioner fan is not turning on, it could have a dormancy issue. If the cooling system is lying dormant, it can make it difficult for the air conditioner to turn on.
- Problem with the switch: Sometimes you can not figure out why your air conditioner is not turning on. Most homeowners usually forget to check the switch. It is a common reason that your air conditioner is not turning on, but at times it is overlooked by homeowners.
- Uncleaned condenser: Without proper maintenance, the condenser can get dirty. It will have to work harder to disperse the heat and can induce several other maintenance issues, such as more energy consumption as well as your AC not turning on. Contacting a technician who provides AC installation in Ridgefield, WA, can troubleshoot this problem.
- Tripped circuit breaker: A circuit breaker is a safety tool that turns the power off in case of high voltage. So whenever your air conditioner is not turning on, check the circuit breaker.
- Clogged drain pan: Improper cleaning of the drain pan, especially in areas of high humidity, can cause the drain pan to become clogged.
Your air conditioner will turn on until the pan is clean and the float switch is on.
Efficiently working air conditioners are a foremost requirement of homeowners. Any fault within the air conditioner can make it hard to operate. Having a trusted air conditioner expert can make homeowners tackle these issues.
Home Energy Group, Inc. has a team of expert technicians who will help homeowners troubleshoot all the problems related to the air conditioner. Contact us today.