When your air conditioner starts blowing hot air, it can significantly inconvenience you during the hot weather. It is not only unpleasant, but it may also lead to higher energy bills. It’s essential to identify and fix the issue as soon as possible to ensure the efficiency and longevity of your AC unit. That’s why it’s crucial to have a trusted company to call for AC repair and installation services, such as Home Energy Group, Inc.
We understand the importance of a functional air conditioning system. Our experienced technicians are equipped with the latest tools and technology to provide top-notch AC repair and installation services in Brush Prairie, WA, and surrounding areas. Whether you need a quick fix for your current AC unit or want to upgrade to a new system, we’ve got you covered with our AC installation and repair services. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment.
Causes Of Hot Air In Your Air Conditioner And How Can We Fix It
The most frequent causes of your air conditioner generating hot air, along with solutions, are listed below:
- Dirty Air Filters – The most frequent reason for an AC blowing hot air is a filthy air filter. A dirty air filter restricts airflow, causing the AC unit to work harder and eventually blow hot air. Replacing the air filter is a quick and easy fix for this issue. Make sure to replace your air filter every one to three months, depending on the usage and environment.
- Thermostat Problems – The thermostat is the control center of your AC unit, and a problem with it can cause your AC to blow hot air. The thermostat may need to work harder and eventually spew hot air if it is set too high or is improperly adjusted. To fix this, check the thermostat settings and ensure it’s calibrated correctly. If the thermostat is not the issue, consider replacing it with a new one.
- Refrigerant Leaks – Refrigerant is responsible for cooling the air in your AC unit. The air may heat up if the AC unit has insufficient refrigerant. This is so that the refrigerant, which cools the air, can do its job. If you suspect a refrigerant leak, it’s essential to call our AC repair professional, as this is not a DIY fix.
- Blocked Condenser Coils – The condenser coils release heat from the AC unit. If the coils are blocked, the AC unit can’t release heat properly and will blow hot air. Cleaning the coils is a simple fix for this issue. Turn off the AC unit, locate the coils, and use a soft brush to clean any debris that may have accumulated on the coils.
- Fan Problems – The fan in your AC unit is responsible for blowing cool air into your home. If the fan isn’t working correctly, it can cause the air to become hot. Check the fan and replace it if necessary. This is not a DIY fix, and it’s best to call an AC repair professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
An AC unit blowing hot air can be a frustrating experience, but understanding the causes and how to fix them can make the process much easier. Many potential issues can cause your AC to blow hot air, from dirty air filters to refrigerant leaks. If you can’t resolve the problem with a simple fix, don’t hesitate to call an AC repair professional.
Get Professional AC Repair and Installation Services in Brush Prairie, WA
If your air conditioner unit is blowing hot air, don’t hesitate to call the experts at Home Energy Group, Inc. Our experienced technicians are knowledgeable in all types of AC systems and can provide reliable AC repair services in Brush Prairie, WA. The most up-to-date equipment and technology are available to our team of professionals for the diagnosis and repair of any issues with your AC unit.
In addition to AC repair services, we also offer AC installation services in Brush Prairie, WA. If your AC unit is beyond repair, consider upgrading to a new and efficient AC system. Our team of experts will assess your needs and recommend the best AC system for your home.
Contact us today and schedule an appointment and get your AC unit up and running efficiently again.