We all want a cool and comfortable house during the summer season, and the best way to ensure that is by using an air conditioner when it gets unbearably hot. As owners, we can use our air conditioners whenever and however we want, but there are certain limits that we should follow.
An air conditioner is an HVAC appliance that does not permit us to exploit it. By exploitation, we mean using the air conditioner for more hours than we should. We may run into one or more problems if we use our air conditioners for too many hours.
Consequences of using an air conditioner excessively
- Dirty air filters: Air filters purify the indoor air and ensure a smooth airflow in your air conditioner. If the air filters continue working without proper care, dust and dirt will clog them, and clogged air filters will decrease your indoor air quality levels instead of increasing them.
- Evaporator coil problems: As we said, the air filters will get dirty and clogged due to excessive work. Since they are dirty and clogged, the dust on their surface will enter the system and settle on the components. Too much dust on the evaporator coils will lead to ice formation, and your system will not work efficiently.
- Low refrigerant levels: If the air conditioner works extensively, the refrigerant levels will lower significantly, and your system will not be able to cool your home efficiently. In such cases, you will have to call a technician for air conditioning repair in Battle Ground, WA, to refill the refrigerant levels.
- A malfunctioning thermostat: A thermostat decides the right temperature your home needs and instructs the air conditioner to reach that temperature for your comfort. Extensive working will lead to thermostat issues like dead batteries, connectivity issues, and technical problems.
- Duct issues: Ducts and air filters are similar; both face cloggings due to excessive working. If you use your air conditioner too much, the dirt and dust in your indoor air can settle inside the ductwork network of your home and clog it to the point you may face hot and cold pockets.
- A malfunctioning condenser: The outside unit of your air conditioner does not receive the attention it needs. If you allow your air conditioner to work for too many hours, the condenser will face damage due to two factors, wear and tear and outside elements like weather and debris.
- Fan problems: The fans in your air conditioner circulate the warm air from your home to the outside. If the air conditioner works extensively, the fans and motors will face wear and tear damage, and you will have to contact a technician to repair them.
If you want tips to cool your home quickly without high energy bills or to maintain your system, contact Home Energy Group. Our technicians have vast knowledge about HVAC appliances and can give you the best tips. We are available to serve you for services like furnace tune-up and AC tune-up in Battle Ground, WA.