Your home might be spotless and speckless, but do you notice dust puffing out from furnaces or air ducts? Furnace and Air ducts make up essential components of your Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning system. One must clean them regularly to avoid any issues in the future.
What happens if the furnace and duct cleaning is skipped?
It is always better to get your furnace cleaned; you may ignore furnace and air ducts cleaning if you are prepared to face the following consequences:
- The dirty furnaces and ducts may lead to harmful health consequences. The dust and dirt might circulate in your home along with particulate matter and microorganisms. This may lead to infections and allergies. People with breathing ailments like asthma and bronchitis may suffer more.
- The dirty ducts and furnaces may increase your Electricity bills. This is because the HVAC system will be performing sub-optimally due to the dirt in the furnaces and air ducts. Therefore the system has to work more to heat or cool the home. This would lower the HVAC system’s efficiency and increase the electricity costs.
- If ducts and furnaces are not cleaned, it may restrict the home’s airflow, leading to a breeding ground for pests, bacteria, and mites. The dirt may even coat over your furniture, appliances, gadgets, and even children’s toys.
Indications that your Duct and Furnaces require cleaning!
Now that you know the adverse effects of dirty ducts and furnaces, you should consider cleaning the air ducts and furnaces. You may check whether the air ducts and furnaces require cleaning in the following manner:
- If you open the vent covers and where dirt accumulated and falling off, it indicates that it is time to clean the ducts.
- If you sense moisture over the ducts, it is not good for the HVAC system. This indicates that your furnace and air ducts require immediate cleaning.
- You may inspect the air registers. If there is a dirt pile up, then you have to consider cleaning the air ducts.
- You should take the air filter out and examine whether dirt and dust build-up are viable. If the dirt is viable, it may be necessary to clean the air filter and the ductworks.
- Check the furnace compartment, including the motor and blower fan. If there are dust accumulations, it may be time to clean the furnace.
- If dust seems to be clinging to the air conditioning coil walls, you may need to clean it up.
It is important to note that you must get professional help for cleaning air ducts and furnaces. The professionals not only clean your HVAC system, but they also inspect it for repairs and may replace or repair faulty parts so that your summers and winters are smooth.
The Home Energy Heating provides excellent services, including Furnace Replacement in Ridgefield WA and Furnace Repair in Ridgefield WA. The technicians check all the HVAC systems and provide adequate HVAC maintenance services so that you have a clean furnace and comfortable heating all-around your home.