Taking proper care of an air conditioner is important to ensure that your energy bills stay in check and your system works for many years.
One way to ensure proper care is by contacting a technician for AC services in Vancouver, WA. However, if you do not want to spend money regularly, you can focus on some of the main parts of your system to help you take care of them. One such part is the air conditioner coils.
1. About air conditioner coils
Air conditioner coils help in the proper and constant cooling of your home during the hot summer days. They carry refrigerant, responsible for absorbing heat from the indoor air for cooling. Factors like old age and excessive working can create holes in the coils leading to refrigerant leakages.
Refrigerant leakages can be minor or major, depending on the size of the leak. Irrespective of the size, air conditioner owners should try to seal the leak at the earliest to avoid refilling the refrigerant.
2. Frequency of cleaning air conditioner coils
Cleaning air conditioner coils means removing the dirt and debris settled on their surface while working. To know how many times you should clean your air conditioner coils, you need to understand several factors:
- Know the age of your air conditioner. The older the system, the quicker it will get dirty due to inefficient dust removal from the indoor air.
- Calculate the number of working hours of your air conditioner. A cooling system that works extensively collects more dirt and moisture inside it.
- Understand your geographic location. If you live in an area that has too much dirt in its air, your air conditioner will get dirty quicker.
3. Benefits of timely cleaning your air conditioner coils
If you feel that putting your time cleaning the air conditioner coils is a waste, you are wrong. Here are the numerous benefits you receive after cleaning the coils thoroughly:
- Regularly cleaning your coils will decrease the chances of damage to the system due to dust and dirt. Dust and dirt can extensively damage your system without you knowing it.
- Your system will work with better efficiency levels as dirty air conditioner coils will not remove heat from the indoor air efficiently. Clean coils will quickly remove the heat, and your system will work efficiently.
- Cleaning air conditioner coils is the best way to ensure your air conditioner will work for many years. Since it will not face any damage and will be cleaned regularly, you can expect lesser repair bills and long working years.
If you are unsure how to clean the air conditioner coils, you can contact Home Energy Heating to clean them. We use the latest gadgets and equipment to service your air conditioners and other HVAC appliances for the best results.