Keeping your home’s air conditioning system running smoothly is crucial for staying relaxed and comfortable during hot weather. However, if you hear strange noises from your AC, it may be time for a repair. Understanding the noise source and the best way to fix it can help keep your AC functioning properly. That’s why we’ve put together a guide on the 5 types of AC noises and ways to fix them.
At Home Energy Group, Inc, we are experts in air conditioning replacement and repair in Brush Prairie, WA, and surrounding areas. Our team of experienced technicians will inspect your AC and diagnose the problem, providing a solution that will get your AC running smoothly again. Our comprehensive services and commitment to customer satisfaction make us the go-to choice for air conditioning needs in Brush Prairie. If you hear strange noises from your AC, don’t wait.
Reach out to us today to schedule a service appointment, and let us help keep your home cool and comfortable.
Different Air Conditioner (AC) Noises & Its Solutions
- Hissing or Sizzling: This noise often indicates a refrigerant leak, which can harm the environment and your health. Refrigerant is a toxic substance, and if you inhale it, it can cause serious health problems. To fix this, you need to have a professional repair the leak and recharge the system with refrigerant. Refrigerant leaks can also reduce the efficiency of your AC, so it’s vital to have them fixed as soon as possible.
- Banging or Thumping: This noise may indicate that a component within the AC unit has become loose. Simple problems like a loose fan blade or more significant ones like a loose motor mount might be the cause of this. Calling our professional to locate and tighten the loose component is the best course of action in this situation. Our professional may recommend a total AC replacement if the issue is more serious.
- Grinding: This noise is usually caused by worn-out bearings in the AC’s fan motor. Over time, the fan motor’s bearings will wear down, causing the motor to produce a grinding noise. The fan motor has to be changed as the best solution. Replacing the fan motor can be complex, so it’s best to leave it to a professional.
- Squealing: This high-pitched noise is usually caused by a slipping belt. The belt in your AC unit helps transfer power from the motor to the fan. If the belt becomes worn or loses tension, it can slip, causing a squealing noise. To fix this, you should have our professional inspect and tighten the belt if necessary. The professional may recommend a complete AC replacement if the belt is too worn.
- Buzzing: This noise is often caused by a vibrating part within the AC unit. Simple problems like a loose panel or more major problems like a damaged fan blade might be the cause of this. To fix this, you should have a professional inspect the AC unit and tighten any loose parts. The professional may recommend a complete AC replacement if the issue is more serious.
In conclusion, understanding the noise source and the best way to fix it is crucial for keeping your AC functioning properly. If you’re experiencing any of these noises, don’t hesitate to call our professional for air conditioning repair in Brush Prairie, WA. At Home Energy Group, Inc, our experienced technicians will diagnose the problem and provide a solution that will run your AC smoothly again.
Remember, your AC system is an essential investment in your home. Regular maintenance and repairs can extend its lifespan and keep it running efficiently. If you need air conditioning replacement in Brush Prairie, WA, our team can help you choose the right system for your home and install it correctly to ensure optimal performance.
Contact us today to schedule a service appointment and let us help keep your home cool and comfortable.