There could be three possible replies from your contractor related to the upgrades of your current HVAC system. As the owner, you should know about those responses beforehand, so that you can counter-question them for a safer and better decision. Here is a quick guide for you to understand those three options as simply as possible:
No upgrade needed
Modifying the existing system
Sometimes, a few modifications can help your current system work better for the expanded area. Modifications are better than installing a new system as it saves money and labor. Modifications may include expanding the current ductwork network or the gas pipeline.
However, you should ask our technician whether your current system can handle these modifications. A longer ductwork network means that your system will have to produce more warm or cool air to reach the farther rooms, which can put an extra load on the system. You should discuss these points with our HVAC contractor in Vancouver, WA.
If your current HVAC system is big for your home, our contractor will suggest you make no upgrades. Since the system is bigger than it should be, any expansion in your home will not affect its working capacity and efficiency.
This situation usually happens when you expand an existing area of your home, like the living room or the kitchen, instead of adding new rooms. If you are seeking the professional opinion of an HVAC contractor in Vancouver, WA, look no further than Home Energy Heating.
Installing a ductless mini-split system
If you add a new room or area to your home and your current system cannot control its temperature, you can get a ductless mini-split system instead of a new HVAC system. It will save you money, and you can easily manage the temperature settings of the expanded area.
However, before getting a ductless mini-split system for the expanded area, you should know its advantages and disadvantages:
- A heat pump has a simple installation process, so you need not worry about a chaotic installation process. Moreover, as the name implies, they do not need ducts to function, so you save money on installing the ducts.
- As said, a ductless mini-split system does not need ducts. It means you need not spend your energy taking care of the ducts.
- This system does not create a lot of noise while working, so it does not disturb the environment of your home.
- They are energy-efficient, and your energy bills will stay under control.
- However, one big disadvantage of a ductless mini-split system is that it is costlier than the other HVAC appliances.
If you are looking for a reliable HVAC company in Vancouver, WA, look no further than Home Energy Heating.